This workshop is designed for newcomers to gain a solid foundation in earned value management systems (EVMS) or for earned value management (EVM) practitioners interested in enhancing their ability to effectively use performance data and keep up with the latest industry guidelines, government requirements, and EVMS issues. This workshop covers the five major categories in the EIA-748 Standard for Earned Value Management Systems (the 32 guidelines):
- Planning, Scheduling, and Budgeting
- Accounting Considerations
- Analysis and Management Reports
- Revisions and Data Maintenance
This workshop also discusses EVM System development, implementation, validation, and Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs). The workshop includes a mixture of lecture, discussion, and hands-on case studies for the students to practice and apply what they learn.
- Earned Value Management Systems Workshop Agenda
- Introduction Discussion of workshop approach. Review of notebook contents. Introduction to Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) The essential features of a disciplined Earned Value Management System. Objectives and policies of customer-implemented requirements. What are the benefits to the Customer? Why should the seller implement ...