Step 4: The EVMS Implementation Process
Once the design and documentation of your EVMS is complete, the next step is to implement your newly developed or modified EVMS on a given project. H&A can provide the support and expertise to assist you throughout the EVMS implementation process. We begin with a detailed implementation plan and schedule with responsibility assignments. This provides a road map for the EVMS implementation. Each process area and subsystem as well as all subsystem interfaces are thoroughly tested. Modifications will be suggested and completed as required. In addition, H&A reviews the results of the implementation to assure the application of the EVMS is in compliance with your contract requirements, policies, and procedures as well as the EIA-748 Standard for Earned Value Management System guidelines. This process is illustrated below.
H&A is Here to Help with the EVMS Implementation Process
H&A consultants can assist the EVMS implementation process in the following areas. This assistance combines support for implementing the EVMS processes and procedures as well as using the applicable tool-sets to enter, organize, and analyze the project schedule and cost data. H&A can also provide assistance with project directives or project specific EVMS documentation, planning instructions, and data coding requirements to reflect contractual and internal reporting requirements.
- Developing the work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Developing the responsibility assignment matrix (RAM)
- Scheduling support
- Budget baseline support
- Establishing the performance and analysis cycle
- Performing data quality checks
- Developing and implementing a training plan
- Developing a self surveillance plan
How You Benefit from H&A's EVMS Implementation Support:
- Establishes a level of confidence in the system prior to conducting an Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) or preparing for a customer compliance review.
- Can identify and resolve issues quickly and early in the process.
- Provides opportunity to develop internal EVM expertise – schedule, cost, risk management and training project personnel.
Features of H&A's EVMS Implementation Support:
- Fully tests the entire system using live EVM project data.
- Verifies all process steps, responsibilities, interfaces, inputs, and outputs.
- Verifies compliance with internal policies, customer contract requirements, and the EIA-748 guidelines.
Contact Us Today
Learn More About Consulting for EVMS Implementation: (714) 685-1730
Back to Previous Page