Humphreys & Associates Privacy and Disclosure Policy
Effective Date: January 5th, 2009
Humphreys & Associates, Inc. (“Humphreys & Associates” or “we” or “us”, “H&A”) owns and operates the website www.humphreys-assoc.com (the “Site”). This Privacy and Disclosure Policy describes Humphreys & Associates’ current policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information collected through the Site.
Information We Collect
When you use the Site, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide – You may access the Site without providing personally identifiable information, but you will be unable to use most of the Site. When you use and/or access our general services on the Site we ask you for personally identifiable information (“PII”), which may include your name, company name, street address, telephone number, e-mail address and an account password. We collect PII to authenticate Users of the Site and to send you notifications about the Site and/or our services. You can decline to submit PII, in which case you will not be allowed to use the services of the Site.
- Log Information – When you visit and use the Site, our servers automatically record information that your computer’s browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your computer’s browser.
- User Communications – When you send e-mail to Humphreys & Associates, we may retain those communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Site.
You Own Your Information
California has passed legislation requiring certain specific disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet and provide information that may be used for marketing or other purposes. That legislation requires any business that discloses a customer's PII to any third party to provide the customer a method for obtaining the names, addresses and certain other specified details of anyone who might have received that PII. We would like to offer this option, regardless of whether you are a California resident. As such, you may request this information from Humphreys & Associates by writing to:
Humphreys & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Rights
9910 Research Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You can also reach us by telephone at 714.685.1730.
Ways We Use Your Information
We hold the PII we collect from you and other Users individually for services we provide directly to you; and in aggregate form – similar to a counter – to compare website activity information about all of Humphreys & Associates’ Users collectively. We may share certain aggregated information about our Users with third parties, including our vendors, third party affiliates, such as the number of Humphreys & Associates’ Users who purchase certain goods and/or service, for example. We have the expectation that the third parties with which we may share your information use reasonably commercial efforts in maintaining the security of your information.
In addition to the above, Humphreys & Associates may process your PII for the following purposes:
- Providing our Site to you, including the display of customized Content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Site;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Sending communications, updates and/or news;
- Developing new products and/or services;
- Keeping you informed of products, services, and promotions;
- Third party hosting of the Site.
If you are visiting Humphreys & Associates from outside of the United States, please be advised that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected under the laws of the United States. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Humphreys & Associates takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data that you share and that we collect we store. Furthermore, we restrict access to PII only to Humphreys & Associates employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our Site. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. Unfortunately, no security system can be 100% secured; accordingly, Humphreys & Associates cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to us in connection with the information that we collect through the Site. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of Member information at any time. For any additional information about the security measures we use on Humphreys & Associates please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent, and we expect most such changes will be minor. Regardless, we will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including e-mail notification of Policy changes before such become effective). Each version of this Policy will be identified at the top of the page by its effective date, and we will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.
Do You Have Questions?
We know that you may have additional questions regarding the privacy of your information when you access the Site. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.