Step 7: EVMS Compliance Review Overview
Government customers, and sometimes a prime contractor, require some level of determination that a contractor's EVMS produces reliable data. The level of formality can vary depending on the government agency or end customer. The most formal is the DoD where the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) acts as the DoD Executive Agent for EVMS. There are a variety of initial or ongoing verifications that are conducted for earned value management systems. Formal compliance reviews include pre-acceptance Validations Reviews (VR) and post-acceptance Implementation Reviews (IR) or Review for Cause (RFC). It may also include on-going standard surveillance reviews a customer may perform.
The Humphreys & Associates Approach to EVMS Compliance Review
Humphreys & Associates mock reviews are the best available preparation for all types of government customer EVMS reviews. We can help you conduct self-surveillance reviews as we can provide an independent assessment of how your EVMS has been implemented on one or more projects. We can also conduct third party validation reviews.
Our assessment of your EVMS is documented in a manner similar to the government’s Discrepancy Reports (DRs) and Corrective Action Requests (CARs) processes, including an out briefing of the findings, and, at your option, a formal review report.
How You Will benefit from EVMS Compliance Review:
- Independent, fact-based assessment of your EVMS, EVMS implementation, data quality, and proficiency level of project personnel clearly documented with specific recommendations for improvements
- Increases the proficiency levels of the project personnel
- Enables you to quickly develop and execute an action plan to address issues
- Ability to face a customer review with confidence because you know about any deficiencies and have an action plan in place to address them. You can demonstrate you are committed to maintaining a quality EVMS
Several Features of EVMS Compliance Review:
- Thorough assessment of your EVMS, how it has been implemented, data quality, and project personnel EVM proficiency levels
- Ability to closely simulate a government customer review because many of our consultants are former government EVMS review directors or prime contractor senior managers with over 30 years of project management and EVMS experience. H&A has seven former government EVMS review directors or team leads on staff
- Quality, in-depth deliverables that fully document findings and specific recommendations for improvements
- Interviews and one-on-one mentoring
Contact Us Today
Learn More About Consulting for an EVMS Compliance Review: (714) 685-1730
Back to Previous Page